Zang Toi’s AW 2017 show at NYFW was all about accentuation. With large billowy sleeves, velvety texture, capes and cape sleeves at every turn. The palette of dark blues and blacks with the contrast of white in his collection played nicely off the dramatic upstyle Eiji Yamane created. To put a turn on things, Yamane created a French Twist Chignon. With clean lines and a beautifully placed billow, the hair complemented the clothing to a tee! To get the look, follow along below!
1. Evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion, section hair and blow dry.
2. Create a central part and pull back into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck – pulling tightly to ensure the top of the head is smooth and sleek
3. Separate ponytail into three sections and braid all the way through the length of the ponytail. Secure ends with an elastic.
4. Fold new braid in half. After you tucked the braid up, pin it into place with the bobby pins.
5. Using a hair extension matching the color of hair, take one section and clip it under the braid and curling up, create a large loop wrapping around to the right side of the braid. Secure with bobby pins.
6. Repeat step 5 at the top section and middle section to create a loose, “crescent” chignon, ensuring the inside braid is completely covered.
7. Spray with Macadamia Professional Style Lock Strong Hold Hairspray to lock in place.
8. Using a comb, gently smooth out all hair that is pulled back one last time and apply Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream to tame any flyaways.
9. To complete the look, liberally spray Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist for added shine and luster.
We’re sure we’ll be seeing more of this stellar chignon and we’d love to see your take on it! Be sure to tag @MacadamiaHair on Instagram with all of your Fashion Week creations and stay tuned for even more how-to's on Bangstyle!