As a brand, Céline is classic chic reimagined. Their shapes and colors are effortlessly cool and always leave you wanting to see more. The Fall/Winter 2016 collection was just this, simple shapes indicadive of a more relaxed look with the hair to follow. Guido Palau, Redken Global Creative Director styled the hair in a more natural state to match the mood, hear his inspiration and the steps to get the look.
“The Celine hair this season embodies the overall idea of ease and personality, appearing natural and effortless. We’ve seen this trend of easy hair and we wanted to incorporate this while also staying true to each girls’ personality. The hair was meant to reinforce the individuality of each girl, so each was styled differently based on her hair’s natural texture and movement with some girls in a low ponytail, some with their hair down and a side part, others with a middle part, and several low knots.. To further emphasize this, I used the new Beach Envy Shampoo and Conditioner which is lightweight and creates a great texture. I also used the new Beach Envy Wave Aid to enhance the wave effect.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
- Start with clean hair by washing with Redken’s NEW! Beach Envy Volume Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Lightly spray Redken’s NEW! Beach Envy Wave Aid onto damp hair and comb through.
- Using fingers, rough dry hair. As you dry, gently push hair into the head in an "S" movement to create a wave effect.
- Twist hair into loose knot and pin in place for 30 minutes to allow hair to set.
- After 30 minutes, release pin to create loose waves. Run fingers through hair to help separate and create "S"-shaped waves.
- Apply Redken Glow Dry style enhancing blow-dry oil to tame flyaways and add shine.
Images by Stas May for Redken.