The holidays are a time of twinkle lights, egg nog, crowded malls and slight chaos around finding the perfect gift. Aside from the preparations, getting your outfit and hair ready for the festivities is also a daunting task... but it doesn’t have to be. With this tutorial from Krysia Eddery – Aveda Cutting Professional, Colour Ambassador and Owner of Perfectly Posh Hair Design – she details just what steps to take for a flawless holiday style just in time for your next party!
Get extra height and volume with this glamorous blow-dry that will have heads turning!
- Begin by prepping the hair using a volumising shampoo and conditioner and avoid using anything too heavy in the hair as you want it to remain light and manageable in order to create that drama
- Use a round barrel brush to blowdry the hair and add as much volume and height as possible to the crown. Add a bend to the ends of the hair too as this will act as a base when you touch the ends up with a curling iron. Blowdry the hair towards the crown, away from the face to add height and begin to create the shape of your bouffant
- Using a backcombing brush, take sections of hair and backcomb to create volume. Continue this until you have created enough height in the hair to brush back and smooth over the top to form the ‘beehive’ shape
- Hold this in place using hair grips underneath the crown and continue until you are happy with the placement.
- Use a curling iron to slightly polish up the ends of the hair and finish with a holding hair spray or texturising mist to add some further flexibility to the hair and hold it in place all night long!