While the show itself did not disappoint – with wins for Handmaids Tale, This Is Us and Big Little Lies – this year’s Emmy’s were also a display of glitz and glamour when it came to the beauty and styling we had a few favorites!
The Orville actress, Halston Sage stunned on the Red Carpet in her first debut at the 2017 Emmy's as a guest of Zac Posen, wearing one of his gowns. The dress – a winter white with beaded embellishments and drape sleeves was magical on her. To accentuate her look, Gregory Russell used Biolage and created a slicked-back middle parted knot. “I wanted to embody Halston’s character in The Orville who is sophisticated yet playful with this sleek and chic knot. This style complements her beaded Zac Posen gown and brings out her sharp winged eye makeup,” says Russell. Below, Russell shows us exactly how to get the look using the Biolage R.A.W. Styling Collection.
GET THE LOOK
- On damp hair, apply a dime-sized amount of Biolage R.A.W. Smoothing Styling Milk to keep the hair smooth and controlled for this look.
- To the lengths of the hair, add Biolage R.A.W. Bodifying Styling Jelly for lasting body.
- Blow out the hair with a boar bristle round brush. Once dry, flat iron the hair smoothly.
- Create a center part and direct hair back into a low ponytail. Secure with an elastic.
- Divide the ponytail into two sections. Take two sections of the ponytail and tie them into a knot and then wind them around the base to create a chignon. Secure with bobby and hairpins.
- Spray Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray on the hair to maintain frizz and protect from humidity.
OITNB favorite Jackie Cruz knows how to flaunt her best features both on and off the screen. This year she rocked a textured gown and the haircut to match! Biolage Celebrity Stylist, George Papanikolas used Cruz’s cut to accentuate her style. “Jackie’s dress was a fun and glamourous gown textured with sequins and feathers. I wanted to continue this overall textured look while embracing her natural textured cut,” said Papanikolas. Follow along below to see how to get the look!
GET THE LOOK
- On damp hair, apply a dime-sized amount of Biolage R.A.W. Smoothing Styling Milk to keep the hair smooth.
- Blow dry hair with a paddle brush.
- Use a flat iron to create soft bends in the hair.
- Direct sides behind the ear, keeping hair close to the head.
- Spray Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray through the hair to control frizz and protect from humidity.
- Finish with Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray to add texture to the look.
Looking for hair inspiration? Check out these looks and stay tuned for even more fashion forward styles from Matrix!