The Coronavirus has created a ripple in the daily lives and well-being of individuals around the globe. Each day, new updates, guidelines and protocols are put in place based on locality, often leaving many on the search for guidance. We suggest following the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, local health departments and your State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology as they pertain to your area.
As a community, we know how heavily hairdressers, similar industries and especially the self-employed are impacted. While we know words are insufficient for what you’re experiencing, they are our only source of comfort at the moment. We aim to remain a resource to you all with the most up to date information we have and hope you find solace in our continued support of your craft.
That being said, while we try to update you with new information on the daily, it is constantly changing. So, if you spot something out of date, please kindly let us know. We do our best, however, as a community you are all located around the world and often experience differing circumstances or learn about local information before us.
We want to hear from you!
In an effort to support this community, we want to know what information you want to see to help support or inspire you.
Many stylists are reinventing their routines or offering guidance on how colleagues and clients can help them. We are updating How To Give Back to Your Stylist here. If you would like to be added to the list please email email@example.com with your information to be added.
At this moment things are very uncertain, we also know that together we’ll get on the other side of this. We hope you can practice kindness with each other as we navigate this unknown territory.
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO): https://www.who.int
- CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
- PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY ASSOCIATION (PBA): https://www.probeauty.org
- AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF COSMETOLOGY SCHOOLS (AACS): https://www.beautyschools.org/coronavirus-resource-center/
- DEPARTMENT OF LABOR (DOL): https://www.dol.gov
- SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA.GOV): https://www.sba.gov
- UCARE FOUNDATION BY USMOOTH - https://usmooth.com/pages/ucare-foundation - Bridging the gap between stylists and clients, they are offering great resources to help you from education to product delivery. Learn more here.
If there are resources you find helpful, please feel free to share or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add them to this list.