The 2018 AMAs had a plethora of high notes as artists walked the Red Carpet in style and performances literally rocked the house. One of the performances that stood out was, Jennifer Lopez. We wouldn’t expect anything else of Jenny from the block, but last night really was a treat for the crowd. The song was written as JLo noted to make people believe that “things can happen,” this sense of inspiration truly shined through both on and off the stage!
JLo rocked the house with her performance and she also dazzled on the Red Carpet in a stunning bright fuchsia gown. To accentuate her style, Redken Brand Ambassador Chad Wood styled AMas performer Jennifer Lopez’s hair into a loose, twisted updo that truly balanced her look. Keep reading for information on how to get the look!
GET THE LOOK:
· Prep hair and protect it from heat by using a few spritzes of Redken Iron Shape 11 on your roots down to your ends to protect your hair from heat, and to add shine and memory to your style.
· Follow up with a small pump of Redken Satinwear 04 on the ends of your hair to add a bit of polish and an added layer of protection.
· Using the ghd AIR Hairdryer ($199), blow dry your hair using a round brush to smooth the hair, adding a little lift at the root.
· Follow up with the ghd Platinum+ Styler ($249) to clean up the hair around the face and on your ends.
· Spray a few spritzes of Redken’s NEW Triple Dry 15 Dry Texture Finishing Spray at your roots and mid-shaft of your hair to give texture and a little bit of added hold.
· Create stronger waves throughout your lengths by using the 1” ghd CURVE Classic Curl Iron.
· Once cooled, pull all of your lengths into a high ponytail and tease your hair into its desired shape in the back, using hairpins as you go to hold the look into a messy knot.
· Pull out some face-framing pieces for a bit of softness and tousle with your fingertips.
· Finish with a strong hairspray, like Redken Triple Take 32 Hairspray, to set everything in place.
For Red Carpet inspiration and fashion-forward hair color and style trends be sure to follow @Redken on social media for the latest updates!