Sam Villa Professional has been passionate about teaching stylists the skills they need to get the results they want! From teaching on stage to creating tutorials, videos, and hands-on classes, Sam Villa has done it all! As the shape of a classroom has taken on new forms and as it changes so must the industry. “eLearning, just like eCommerce, is a disruptive trend in the industry. There are a number of brands and artists that have become effective with this, and those that are successful have key strategies in place,” says Beth Carson, co-founder and president of Sam Villa. “Towards the end of 2017, we initiated a monthly eLearning class, and we have seen increased awareness and responsiveness to our LIVE online education through growing ticket sales,” adds Carson who offers the below tips for a successful eLearning program.
- Focus on a 360º approach by supporting stylists through ongoing education at live shows and events, plus a combination of free online education and more in-depth online classes with interactive features like live Q&A’s and hands-on segments.
- Communicate that eLearning can be an added educational experience that provides visuals and interaction with favorite educators without the distractions of a loud and crowded show environment.
- Increase access to education by enabling stylists from distant locations access to relatively low-cost classes — without the travel expense or time commitment.
- Promote a fun learning environment to salon owners that can provide added value to staff through group viewing and mannequins to follow along with the educator.
- Offer Lifetime Access which allows stylists to view education at their convenience (after-hours, Mondays), and the value of being able to go back and view repeatedly. It is a resource they can use build their educational library.
Sam Villa Professional's next class, Art of Layering with Sam Villa is coming up on Wednesday, February 21st from 3-5pm PST (6-8pm EST. Register HERE or Use PROMO CODE: LAYERS to receive 20% off ticket price.
Take a peek at all of the tips and beautiful tools Sam has created for artists. For even more hair care and styling tricks, be sure to stalk Sam Villa Professional on Bangstyle and check out all of his tools in the Bangstyle Store!