Miuccia Prada is without a doubt a trendsetter. Creating new and powerful movements is her m.o. and this season was no exception. Creating contrasting palettes of panache was on the roster; mixing styles, fabrics, cuts, and textures to create a style all its own. As Vogue put it, this was her own “diverse eclecticism.”
When it came to the hair, Guido worked his magic by creating a worn-in look that had a tomboy charm, the perfect compliment to the clothes. “We’re here at Prada” Guido Palau Redken Global Creative Director says, “The look is sort of a worn-in ponytail with bangs falling out. We were looking at animation, how they have wispy pieces and short pieces around the ear. It should feel boyish, a bit cartoony. The cut around the ears instantly gives the girls a tomboyish quality. It’s the girl of today who’s feeling boyish – disheveled and nonchalant.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Starting with natural, dry hair, create a low side part with fingers.
- Use Redken Wax Blast 10 for added texture, softly spraying it on top of the head and through the lengths and ends.
- Use fingers to create a piecy fringe, swooping bangs across the forehead to the right side. Pull sideburn pieces forward to emphasize around the ear.
- Gather lengths into a ponytail and secure with a black elastic.
- Use Redken Forceful 23 to tame flyaways and finish the look. Spray Redken Wax Blast 10 into ponytail lengths for additional texture.