by Anna Lyles
Global Educator Macadamia Professional
Award season has just begun we are sure to see more classic styles on the Red Carpet to glamorize those gowns. Anna Lyles, Global Educator of Macadamia Professional gives us the scoop on how to get this gorgeous look in this step-by-step!
1. Start with clean, slightly damp hair. Divide the back from the side sections and evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer starting from the bottom in 2-inch sections. If you have naturally straight hair, rough dry. If naturally very wavy or curly, gently dry large sections with a paddle brush.
2. Brush through the lengths and define desired partings with a pintail comb.
3. Starting at the top front of one side, take 1-inch triangular sections. Brush sections to detangle. Mist top and bottom with Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray to add styling memory. Place iron two inches from scalp and wrap the section towards the face, slightly twisting with each turn around the rod (avoid placing flat to prevent barrel curls). Let the section cool until you finish the entire head.
4. Repeat the same technique down the side until your reach the middle back, then continue to the other side, always curling toward the face. Allow last section to cool.
5. Brush hair down and slightly back to soften, bringing the section together. Using your hand, mix a nickel size amount of Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream and three sprays of Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray into a smooth consistency and gently run through mid-lengths to ends to smooth and add shine. Bring hair forward with your hands to reveal the glamorous finished look.