With draped, flowing fabrics, fringe and a color palette that screams 70s; Baja East’s SS2017 Show delighted our senses and satisfied our needs for a vintage revival. Guido Palau, Redken Global Creative Director takes us behind the scenes, unveils his inspiration behind the style, and shows us how to get the look.
“We’ve kept the hair really natural. As a result, every model has an individual look. The thing that really unifies all the models is the bandana – which actually adds a bit of masculinity to help give each girl a more androgynous look. It’s funny how putting a scarf around the hair can really add some masculinity with a bit of a hippie vibe. I’ve added a good amount of our Diamond Oil High Shine Air Mist into the lengths to give the models a bit of a sweaty look, like maybe they’ve been out all night dancing, so it doesn’t feel too pretty. The heavy shine with the bandana helps add some weight to the look.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK: EFFORTLESS CHIC
1. Prep hair with Beach Envy Volume Texturizing Shampoo to help enhance its natural texture. Allow hair to air dry.
2. Part hair in a messy middle part.
3. Take a bandana and fold it in a large fold. Tie it tight across the forehead behind the head to add a strong, hippie chic look.
4. Use hands to pull at random strands across the part for a messy, effortless look.
5. Finally, spray Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist throughout the bottom half of the length. Mist length with water for a messy, shiny look.
Products to get the look: