Guido Palau, Redken Global Creative Director, created this effortless, always chic, almost ballerina bun for the Oscar de la Renta Fall/Winter 2016 show. Oscar de la Renta portrays a grand, timeless look, full bodied and always emulating the "classic" woman. Hear Guido's inspiration and follow the steps to get the look.
“The look at Oscar de la Renta this season is almost like a soft painting that is meant to be super feminine, light and soft. It’s style without being too overt, like the timeless beauty of the Oscar woman. I wanted the feeling of product to be very light in the hair, as if the hair hasn’t been touched by anything. I used the new Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer to blow dry the hair and achieve this beautiful hold, then lightly misted Wind Blown 05 throughout for texture. I created aponytail but initially left the front out which, when you pull these sections back, create this romance. We wanted the hair net to be part of the look to create that old-fashioned feel. At the end of the day, it’s easy and understated.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
1. Apply new Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer cream to damp, clean hair. Blow dry hair using a round brush until dry.
2. Using a comb, create a clean middle part. Lightly spray Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray to dry hair for volume and grip.
3. Section hair into three sections: two on either side of the head from the ears forward, and the third the remaining hair toward the back of the head. Pull the back section into a mid-height ponytail, and secure with an elastic. Gently tug hair beneath the ponytail so it becomes loose and balloon-like in shape.
4. Gather each section on both sides of the head and gently pull toward the back of the head, letting the hair slightly fall over the ears. Secure sections into the ponytail elastic using pins.
5. Place a hair net overtop of the ponytail and twist hair into a mid-height chignon and secure with pins.
6. Lightly spray Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray to hairline and overtop chignon for added hold and texture.
Products to get the look:
Images by Stas May for Redken.