The topknot is still one of everyone’s favorite styles. Whether hair is freshly washed or has been surviving off dry shampoo, it is a simple style to get your hair out of your face in a stylish way. In this tutorial from Marisa Villa, Sam Villa ArTeam, she teaches us how to create a textured topknot easily creatable for any occasion. And with prom and wedding season coming up, we’re sure all those High school Juniors and Seniors, Brides and Bridesmaids will want to check this out!
· Spray hair with a thermal heat protectant like Redken Iron Shape 11 and curl small sections with a 1” curling iron (curl all hair in the same direction).
· Pull hair back into 3 ponytails at the low, mid and high crown areas. Use a strong hold hairspray and a Sam Villa Signature Series Styling Brush to smooth down flyaways on the sides.
· Going with the bends of the curls in the ponytails, roll into a Mohawk and pin in place.
· Spread the curls apart to cover the elastics and rearrange curls towards the face.
· Use fingers to barrel curl the ends of the 3rd ponytail towards the face, shape and pin. Keep the tension loose and spread out curls to get volume on top.
· Finish with Redken Triple Take 32 for hold.
The Product Picks To Get The Look: