Whether at a shoot or on location, as a stylist sometimes you have to improvise. Sam Villa, co-founder of Sam Villa Professional and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5th Avenue, teaches us a trick we can use almost anywhere whether at home, on stage, at a photo shoot or behind the chair. He uses an item every stylist should have on hand, a can of hairspray, to get a perfect roll! Thinking outside of the box can often yield the best results. Follow along below to see his steps and let us know what you think!
- Brush hair with a Sam Villa Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush
- Elevate section 90° (as if rolling a half off base curl)
- Spray hair with Redken Forceful 23 Hairspray
- Place the hairspray can at ends and roll down while smoothing ends under
- Gently remove can, pin to secure and spray again to hold
Voila – the perfect roll!
What tips and tricks do you use behind the chair, on set or location? Let us know in the comments!