Held in a stunning villa at the elusive Lake Como in Italy, the 2019 Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda show was truly a study in romantic opulence. Naomi Campbell, Ashley Graham, and Lady Kitty Spencer were among the ranks of models that graced the runway at this weekend-long event. It was the kind of show where guests snapped pictures – not to share – but instead to purchase these one-of-a-kind designs that walked down the runway. So, exactly how did the Redken team create ornate hair designs to match? Keep reading to find out!
“There are 110 girls in the show. Each girl has their own look that’s very Dolce: very Italian romance. There’s flowers, crowns, nets, and we’ve dyed beautiful wigs with Redken City Beats and Redken SEQ Pastels.” Said Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau. “There are some 60s-inspired chignons, some 40s hair looks. It’s a spectrum of women’s beauty. For this look, Josh did an amazing cobalt blue that fades a bit in a beautiful way. I took a large curling iron and created waves – like a rich hippie. I’ve used both Redken Shine Flash 02 and Redken Glow Dry Style Enhancing Blow-Dry Hair Oil to add some rich smoothness back into the hair.”
GET THE LOOK – THE STYLE:
- Prep hair by washing with Redken All Soft Mega Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of Redken Satinwear 04 to lengths and ends for added heat protection and smoothness.
- Blow-dry hair with a round brush in small sections for a luxurious smoothness.
- About 1/3 away from the hairline, begin curling the lengths with a thick, 2” curling iron for exaggerated waves in the hair.
- Spritz Redken Shine Flash 02 throughout your lengths and ends for added shine.
- Add a drop or two of Redken Glow Dry Style Enhancing Blow-Dry Hair Oil to your palms and run them through the crown for added softness and smoothing.
Keep scrolling to see more looks from the show!
For even more fashion-forward hair color and style trends, be sure to follow @Redken on social media for the latest updates!