Channeling some of Escada’s most proud moments as a brand, Global Design Director Niall Sloan revamped their SS19 collection by pulling from the past. From reworking their 1989 block logo and drawing on the iconic Princess Diana power shoulder to pulling from their equestrian roots and even having a Pretty Woman moment. The hair was indicative of 80s relaxed natural texture. “We’re here at the Escada show, where I’ve done an 80s boyish quiff. There was a mention of Julia Roberts for the overall inspiration, so you’re seeing some curls as well.” Says Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau “I’ve used Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to get some volume in the hair before I do the soft boyish movement or curling it with a small-barreled iron and leaving the curls defined. The hair is light: it has movement and ease. It’s the gesture of the 80s, using as least brushwork as possible to keep it from going to retro. It’s a nod to that period versus a replication. ”
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start with clean, dry hair.
2. Side-part your hair using your fingers about ¾ of the way over your head.
3. Starting around the hairline, apply small amounts of Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to the roots and mid-lengths of your hair.
4. Blow-dry your with your fingers, lifting the sides up and back off the face.
5. Scrunch around the front hairline to give lift over to one side.
6. Using a large barrel iron, accentuate the natural moment throughout your lengths.
7. Finish with a little Redken Wind Blown 05 around the hairline and crown for lift and added texture.
For even more fashion-forward hair color and style trends, be sure to follow @Redken on social media for the latest updates!