Festival season is upon us and that means that a slew of new fashion, beauty, and hair trends are headed our way! As the gateway to summer fashion, you’ll want to make sure you pick up a few tips before the music stops! Whether you have tickets to an upcoming festival or are simply looking to make a splash with your style, check out this modernized space bun style to put a new spin on a classic go-to!
Redken RTeam Member Lyndsey Palumbo (@lyndseyteresehair) created these fabulous braided space buns and we can’t get enough!
“My favorite little secret is to spray your bobby pins with Redken Dry Texture Triple Dry 15 Spray for grip! Simply spritz a few spritzes on your bobby pins before securing your styles for all-night-long hold. It’s the perfect tool to avoid slippage when locking in your looks,” says Lyndset.
GET THE LOOK:
- Section off a U-Shaped section of hair around the crown using a fine-toothed comb and then, using the comb, divide into four equal sections. Clip up each section individually.
- Starting on one side of your head, rub a small amount of Redken Dry Shampoo Paste 05 into your palms and begin tightly French-braiding each section close to the scalp. Secure each French braid with an elastic.
- One all four sections are braided, spray a few spritzes of Redken Dry Texture Triple Dry 15 Spray on your remaining lengths in these four sections as well as on a few bobby pins.
- Take the two sections on either side and twist them up into two ‘space buns’ by wrapping each two sections on each side in a circular motion.
- Take a few of your spritzed bobby pins and use them to secure each bun.
- If desired, add some glitter to the top of the braids for added festival fun.