Festival season is upon us and that means that a slew of new fashion, beauty, and hair trends are headed our way! As the gateway to summer fashion, you’ll want to make sure you pick up a few tips before the music stops! Whether you have tickets to an upcoming festival or are simply looking to make a splash with your style, check out this modernized space bun style to put a new spin on a classic go-to!
“My favorite little secret is to spray your bobby pins with Redken Dry Texture Triple Dry 15 Spray for grip! Simply spritz a few spritzes on your bobby pins before securing your styles for all-night-long hold. It’s the perfect tool to avoid slippage when locking in your looks,” says Lyndset.
GET THE LOOK:
- Section off a U-Shaped section of hair around the crown using a fine-toothed comb and then, using the comb, divide into four equal sections. Clip up each section individually.
- Starting on one side of your head, rub a small amount of Redken Dry Shampoo Paste 05 into your palms and begin tightly French-braiding each section close to the scalp. Secure each French braid with an elastic.
- One all four sections are braided, spray a few spritzes of Redken Dry Texture Triple Dry 15 Spray on your remaining lengths in these four sections as well as on a few bobby pins.
- Take the two sections on either side and twist them up into two ‘space buns’ by wrapping each two sections on each side in a circular motion.
- Take a few of your spritzed bobby pins and use them to secure each bun.
- If desired, add some glitter to the top of the braids for added festival fun.