Wolf cut, chopped bob, choppy lob, modern shag, butterfly cut, there are so many names when it comes to describing a shaggy undone layered cut, but they all spawn from a shag foundation. Mandy McCullough, Sam Villa Ambassador, Redken Artist and owner of Fix Salon @FancyFinish breaks down how to cut a shag in 5 minutes below.
How To Cut A Shag in 5 Minutes
“Why do you need to know this? Because it takes a mere 5 minutes out of your life to learn and it will save you tons of time at the chair,” says McCullough.
- Any of the shag-inspired cuts can be created with this foundation
- Great for enhancing natural texture
- Creates lovely movement in any texture
- Hair falls forward lending to a modern vibe
- Layers shape the face to enhance or diminish various facial features
- Face framing helps hide signs of aging and looks sassy and youthful
- Great for those that do not want to fuss with too much styling, an undone soft textured finish is built into the cut
How does she do it?
- Expedited sectioning patterns that are easy to follow and replicate
- Special techniques to remove weight in areas that need to be collapsed
- Razor-cutting shortcuts that allow slicing at lightning speed
Sam Villa Signature Series Razor
Sam Villa Dry Sectioning Clips
Sam Villa Professional Light Ionic Blow Dryer
Sam Villa Signature Series Paddle Brush
To learn more from the Sam Villa Team, check out FREE Facebook Live classes and YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.