In this tutorial, we learn key concepts of how to create a style with volume and flair. This look is perfect for an editorial and can be the foundation for an everyday style! Take a peek at the steps below and see how you can braid and tease your way to perfection!
Section & Prep
- Micro-crimp every other section to create a sleek but voluminous texture.
- Section hair into 3 pie-shaped sections, starting from the apex down to the nape. Clip back section away to use for later.
- Leave two 1-inch horizontal sections at the nape.
- Divide left and right pie sections in half and braid each subsection into an inside out braid, securing with elastic.
- With the nape sections, French braid each subsection horizontally with both braids going in opposite directions to act as an anchor for extensions.
- Sew wefts onto the nape braids with thread and STITCH by Daniel Roldan.
- Starting at the top of front braids, pull ribbon through and and tie one side to the STITCH. STITCH throughout braids in a zig-zag pattern and tie off with an elastic. Repeat on the other side.
- Tease extensions and hair to create allover volume.