This season, Valentino is making couture casual by creating wearable pieces. Pierpaolo Piccioli redefined classic Valentino, giving devotees the designs they've been looking for within the color spectrum they know so well. From daring black silhouettes to the classic Valentino Red this show set hearts ablaze. The hair and makeup so perfectly complimented the designs it was if Pierpaolo had designed these first. With bejeweled eyes and lips à la Pat McGrath and the hair to accentuate it via Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau, we were left stunned by the beauty. For a new take on waves, keep reading to see how he got the look!
"The hair look at Valentino is a beautiful, slightly eccentric woman. It’s a very easy look, but still rich and luxe - the makeup is quite exciting at this show, so I’ve played the hair down a bit." Says, Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau. "I’ve blown it out with Redken Satinwear 04 and then added some bends into the lengths with Redken Fashion Work 12 to hold.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by using Redken Color Extend Magnetics Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Work about a quarter-sized amount of Redken Satinwear 04 throughout your crown and lengths for a soft, smooth, glossy finish.
- Blow-dry your hair until fully dry using a Mason Pearson brush to smooth.
- Take a 3” section at the front of your crown and blow-dry using a round brush, roll up into a hair roller away from the face then clip it to allow it to set.
- Using a medium-barreled iron, add a slight bend into your lengths. Then, take a smaller-barreled iron and sporadically place slight bends in the back.
- Take the front section out once cooled and center-part your hair.
- Swoop one side of your head so it almost covers your eyebrow then tuck it behind your ear. Take the other side and push it upwards for a little lift, then tuck behind your ears for a little added height. Spritz Redken Fashion Work 12 to hold.
- Spritz the whole look with Redken Shine Flash 02 for gloss.
For fashion-forward hair color and style trends be sure to follow @Redken on social media for the latest updates!