Massive buns adorned with a bow and loosely hanging ends are becoming the look of the year because they are easy to create and the perfect excuse to wear a beautiful accessory. Cindy Duplantis, Sam Villa Ambassador, Redken Artist and Celebrity Stylist for Chatters Salon @cindyduplantis, shows how to create the look.
Volume Bun with Bow
- Create a front section in the fringe area, using a Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand 1.5” to curl hair up and away from the face, secure with a clip to cool.
- Repeat the same sectioning and curling direction until the crown area.
- Pull outer sections and curl to give softness.
- Spray with a mild holding hair spray.
- Once curls have cooled, drop out sections (avoiding fringe section) and brush back to a high ponytail with a Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush and secure with elastic. Pull elastic away from the head about 2”, create a parting hole and turn the tail up, over and through, then pull tight.
- Gather the ponytail together, twist, and secure it with a Duplantis Hair Official’s velvet jeweled hair bow.
- Drop out the fringe section with the desired part.
- Spray with finishing spray to hold and shine.
Shop the look:
Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand 1.5”
Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush
Duplantis Hair Official’s Velvet Jewelled Hair Bow
Credit: Compliments of @cindyduplantis