When it comes to getting married, there are many details modern brides need to include before they tie the knot. Among the day full of events – speeches, toasts, dancing and photos – brides often want a WOW factor when it comes to their look. In this tutorial from Anna Peters for Sam Villa, she shows us how to use a Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron to create a simple braid and knot that is as full as a bride’s bouquet! “Using the Sam Villa Textur iron is the magic that creates massive volume and longevity that will last from morning till night,” says Peters. This look is perfect for the romantic, elegant bride who wants to spend more time on the dance floor and less time worrying about her hair.
How-To Tie the Knot
1. Take 1” sections and mist hair with Redken Iron Shape 11 for maximum heat protection and style memory.
3. Create a half moon section in the front of head encompassing the front hairline and about 2-3 inches deep towards the top of the head. Clip out of the way.
4. Gently brush hair away from the face towards the top of the center back of the head and create a high ponytail. Make a large knot at the base of the ponytail, pin to secure into place. Tuck ends in to base and pin.
5. Pull front section forward and over direct entire section over the right eye. Create a three-strand braid and secure ends with an elastic.
6. Gently loosen braid and roll it back over itself, towards the top of the head at a diagonal. Tuck ends in, pin to secure at the top of the knot and spray with Redken Control Addict 28 for a secure hold.
How will you wear your hair on your wedding day? Be sure to share your favorite techniques on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using #SamVillaHowTo. & be sure to check out the rest of Sam Villa's tutorials and tips on Bangstyle!