They’re both demi-permanent colors. However, Wella Professionals Shinefinity and Wella Professionals Color Touch are unique in their own ways. While they both promote intense shine, the ranges are helpful for specific applications and varying results. Not sure which to use and when? We’re detailing the differences between each range so you can get the perfect tone each time.
Get to Know Wella Professionals Shinefinity
Wella Professionals Shinefinity is beyond just a gloss. It is a zero lift, zero damage glaze service for shine you can feel. The range is environmentally-friendly focused with a clean formula, free of ammonia, silicones, alcohols, direct dyes, and animal-derived ingredients. It is the ideal service for previously colored or highlighted hair and can also be used on virgin hair. If you want to create natural-looking tones or blended finishes, choose Shinefinity.
- Demi-permanent hair color
- Grey blending on up to 30% grey hair
- 37 shades with true-to-tone results
- It lasts up to 6 weeks
- Features a pH balanced technology to regulate application and results
- It can be applied over highlights, in addition to grey retouch services, or on virgin hair
- Shinefinity is a zero-lift, zero-damage clean formula
- Consists of two developers - Bowl & Brush or Bottle Application
- Shinefinity has a more translucent result than Color Touch
- Pairs well with Wella Professionals ColorMotion+ for long-lasting color results
Get to Know Wella Professionals Color Touch
As a fashion-forward demi-permanent hair color, Wella Professionals Color Touch creates high-impact finishes with low-commitment upkeep. This line is perfect if your client wants a bold look but likes to change their color often. Free of ammonia but with color-reflecting technology, the result is versatile, multi-dimensional results with high shine.
- Vibrant demi-permanent hair color
- Up to 70% grey coverage with Color Touch Plus
- 90+ Shades
- Lasts up to 24 shampoos
- Features Light2Color complex to create reflection and intense shine
- Can be applied over highlights, in addition to grey retouch services or on virgin hair
- Pairs well with Wella Professionals ColorMotion+ to transform porous ends and extend the longevity of your color
The differences between Wella Professionals Shinefinity and Color Touch:
While both Wella Professionals Shinefinity and Wella Professionals Color Touch are demi-permanent color lines, their use and impact are different. Color Touch is similar to a traditional demi-permanent color, while Shinefinity creates its own category.
Shine & finish:
Color Touch is still a more gentle and low-commitment formula when compared to permanent color, but it offers intense results and can be used to refresh hair alongside root touch-ups and offer more intense toning options. For example, Color Touch is great for creating lowlights, while Shinefinity is better suited to preserve natural hair color while preserving highs and lows.
Shinefinity can deepen shades up to 3 levels without pre-filling and is ideal for correcting tone without changing level. Color Touch is a low-commitment, ammonia-free dye that allows clients to change their color frequently and can be used to add lowlights or alter the global color.
Color Touch features Light2Color complex containing a mix of oxidative colors, direct dyes, and glimmer pigments. Shinefinity features the exclusive Balanced pH Technology giving you the best of both acidic and alkaline color for the perfect glaze.
Pairs well with:
Wella Professionals Shinefinity and Color Touch are often applied to porous, color-treated, or pre-lightened hair. To keep color looking its best, pairing each service with Wella Professionals ColorMotion+ home care is essential. Send clients home with Wella Professionals ColorMotion+ Shampoo, Conditioner, and Structure+ Masque to create strong, resilient hair with vibrant shine and color protection.
Wella Professionals ColorMotion+ Shampoo ($25.00), Wella Professionals ColorMotion+ Conditioner ($25.00), and Wella Professionals ColorMotion+ Structure+ Masque ($25.00).
Get to know Wella Professionals Shinefinity
Wella Professionals Shinefinity is a glossing treatment that improves tone while creating a shine you can feel. In addition to creating unbeatable shine and beautiful true-to-tone results, you can look forward to the following with Shinefinity:
- 37 Demi-Permanent Shades that are intermixable for endless color options
- Tones that last up to 6 weeks
- Innovative formula regulates the pH of the hair to ensure it doesn’t fall below 6.5 for balanced, optimal color results
- Can be used on natural hair color, after lightening, or in addition to grey coverage services.
- Pick from 2 developers: Bowl and Brush Activator or Bottle Activator
- Pick from Cool, Warm, Naturals or Booster color palettes or the just-launched Signature Naturals collection featuring 5 shades ideal for counteracting warmth or creating root shadows.
- Use Shinefinity to create shine, refresh color and highlights, add tone, enhance dimension or correct color.