Shinefinity, the latest release to join the Wella Professionals color portfolio is gaining popularity among stylists and clients alike. Offering a range of glaze services, Shinefinity is known for its zero lift, zero damage clean formula and the impeccable shine it imparts on any shade.
To gain expert insight on all things Shinefinity, we chatted with Wella Professionals Global Ambassador Zach Mesquit, about the best ways to utilize the range with natural blending and color corrective services. Get to know a few of the services that can be done with Shinefinity below.
According to Mesquit, “natural blending is a service that can be done to blend a clients natural base color into a lighter shade on the ends.” To create a natural blend, he suggests formulating a shade that’s close to the natural base and then applying a secondary color as a “transition shade.” He notes that the first formula would be applied to the base and blended down into the transition color, and then that is blended into the ends of the hair to enhance a soft progression from root to tip
Pairs well with:
- Koleston Perfect
- Illumina Color
Natural blending formulas can be applied in combination with Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect or Illumina Color permanent color at the root and Shinefinity at the ends for a refreshed finish. The takeaways: Shinefinity works brilliantly to preserve highs and lows while refining color.
Color corrections can be needed for a variety of reasons. The service can be classified as “anything that involves multiple steps to correct color that is uneven or just not the desired tone,” says Mesquit. Due to the fact that “every situation is completely different” says Mesquit, Shinefinity is the ideal partner to improve hair color in a multitude of ways.
Works well for:
- Updating the level
- Banishing warmth
From banishing brassy tones to improving blonde, Shinefinity allows you to darken up to 3 levels for a natural end result or soften over-lightened hair to avoid muddy blondes. If you’re looking for maximum saturation, an expert tip is to work the formula into dry hair with a bowl and brush activator.
Get to know Wella Professionals Shinefinity
Wella Professionals Shinefinity is a glossing treatment that improves tone while creating a shine you can feel. In addition to creating unbeatable shine and beautiful true-to-tone results, you can look forward to the following with Shinefinity:
- 37 Demi-Permanent Shades that are intermixable for endless color options
- Tones that last up to 6 weeks
- Innovative formula regulates the pH of the hair to ensure it doesn’t fall below 6.5 for balanced, optimal color results
- Can be used on natural hair color, after lightening, or in addition to grey coverage services.
- Pick from 2 developers: Bowl and Brush Activator or Bottle Activator
- Pick from Cool, Warm, Naturals or Booster color palettes or the just-launched Signature Naturals collection featuring 5 shades ideal for counteracting warmth or creating root shadows.
- Use Shinefinity to create shine, refresh color and highlights, add tone, enhance dimension or correct color.